Your Office Choice May Not Be So Ideal After All
However, finding it is only the first step and, once secured, it is vital the business works hard to maintain a successful tenancy by nurturing relationships and reaping the potential benefits to be had simply from being in the right place.
Jim Venables, co-founder of commercial office space provider officebroker.com, says businesses looking to take on an office tenancy should apply a strategic and considered approach in both searching for the right premises and then managing the resulting space.
He said: “Instead of jumping in feet first and taking the first available office space, we advise businesses to take their time as the right location can make or break a business.
“And once you move into your new office, that strategic approach should continue to be applied to developing and maintaining a good relationship with the landlord or office management company.”
officebroker.com offers the following advice to tenants looking to find the right office space and make the most of their tenancy:
Before you make a decision:
- Consider a short-term and flexible notice-period which allows you to take the space you need right now but with the option to expand as your business grows.
- Think of your employees’ needs as well as those of your business. Is the office close to public transport? Are there shops and leisure facilities in the local area?
- Ensure there are ample parking facilities for your employees and clients.
- Don’t just go for the first office you see – shop around and consider different areas and styles of building which will suit your needs best and give the right impression to customers. View at least three different offices before making a final decision.
- Find out what extras are included in your tenancy