Flexible Office is a “Safer” Option
Businesses could be better off if they ditched traditional offices and switched to a more flexible option, an opinion supported by the growing number of larger businesses seeking out ΓÇ£safeΓÇ¥ alternatives in the face of continued financial uncertainty.
Based on the experience of officebroker.com, which has been helping businesses locate and secure office space for almost a decade, the attitude toward traditional long-term leases has shifted significantly in recent months, mirroring the trends witnessed during the 2008 downturn.
ΓÇ£In the wake of the recession many businesses, along with government department and other property heavy organisations, began to seriously consider the impact of long-term, capital heavy leases on their balance sheetsΓÇ¥ explained Chris Meredith, Head of UK Sales at officebroker.com.
ΓÇ£The need to release capital into other areas of their operations, which in many cases focused on pooling resources and altering working habits, resulted in more and more businesses looking at serviced offices as a real alternative.ΓÇ¥
Top 6 Reasons Serviced Offices Appeal:
1. Capital free commitment offering greater financial flexibility
2. Instant Image ΓÇô Available at the UKΓÇÖs leading business addresses
3. Ability to increase & decrease space at short notice
4. Fixed monthly cost inclusive of rent & rates
5. Removes the burden of costly unused space
6. Additional support services often available on request
ΓÇ£The continued uncertainty surrounding the financial outlook of the UK and Eurozone has further boosted the appeal of serviced offices, with this alternative to traditional commercial leases being identified as a safer and viable option.ΓÇ¥ concluded Mr Meredith.
The serviced office industry, which provides businesses with a plug-n-play workspace solution at a fixed monthly cost, has grown significantly in recent years and now consists of over 2500 locations ranging from the local and practical to iconic business addresses such as the ΓÇ£GherkinΓÇ¥ in the City of London.
Elsewhere on the Blog
- A Billion in the Bank Before 30
- Day 9: Movember Bears it Facial Fruit
- WhoΓÇÖs the Biggest Dragon in the Den