Pitfalls to avoid when Renting an Office
Ensuring you have the right office space is an important decision for any company, especially when you consider how much time you will be spending there. However, some businesses make mammoth mistakes when seeking out their next office space ΓÇô here are some of the most common pitfalls to watch out for when looking for your office space:
- Keeping up Appearances First impressions are crucial. DonΓÇÖt let your office space let you down. Ensure your office premises match the business image you want to portray. For example you would not expect a firm of solicitors to be operating out of an office on an industrial estate.
- Look into the Future If only we all had a crystal ballΓÇªbut seriously when it comes to office space, what suits your business now may not suit it in 12 months time ΓÇô what happens then if you have signed a 3 year lease? Well, youΓÇÖre stuck with the space thatΓÇÖs what happens! Which is why more businesses are opting for space on flexible terms so they can rent on shorter periods of time and take more or less office space as their business needs change.
- Is that wall permanent?: The right office space layout is crucial to your business and so you need to think carefully about how your space will be configured ΓÇô open plan or cellular offices? If you are a business dealing with a lot of confidential matters, open plan could be a disaster.
- Location, LocationΓÇªLocation? It is often the case that office space in rural or harder to reach areas is available a much cheaper price than office space in prime business districts or well known areas. Great! A bargain price! But is it? Can your staff get there? Is it close to public transport links? Shops? More to the point ΓÇô will your visitors and clients find you? It may be worth paying a slightly higher price to ensure your offices are accessible.
Search serviced offices in your ideal location
- Hidden Costs: This can prove fatal for small or new start businesses. Not budgeting for hidden or unexpected costs can prove hugely damaging to your business. When choosing your office space, always remember to factor in the costs of insurance, furniture, fit out, legal fees, etc. The worry of hidden costs can be removed by opting for a serviced or flexible office space, where service charge, furniture and many other extras are included in the monthly fee you pay to your office provider.
officebroker.com, the UK’s largest online office space search facility enables you to search thousands of serviced offices throughout the UK, all in one place – meaning you have all the information you need at your fingertips.
Search now for serviced office space in your area.