It Is Easy To Turn Your Office Into An Environmentally Friendly Workspace
That’s the view of officebroker.com.
With a quarter of UK workers clocking up more than 48 hours per week, many of us spend more time in the office than we do at home.
Jim Venables, managing director of officebroker.com said: “When it comes to going green in the office, there are plenty of small, straightforward ideas that all of us can adopt to improve our working environments.
“And we have found that businesses whose employees have embraced environmentally friendly working practices have enjoyed considerable benefits including reduced costs and a closer, communicative workforce.”
officebroke.com offers the following simple tips to anyone keen to make their office a greener space.
- Turn all computer equipment, machinery or other mechanical appliances off
when not in use.
- Recycle, reduce and reuse waste. For example, print or photocopy on both
sides of paper, recycle envelopes and labels and turn scrap paper into memos
- Consider turning the heating down and wearing warmer clothing in winter. Liaise with health and safety staff to tackle overheating caused by poorly maintained equipment of ventilation.
- Make sure radiators and heaters aren’t obstructed and ask your employer to improve insulation.
- Ask colleagues if they would be interested in organising a green travel plan. This should include walking in groups, cycling, car sharing etc.
- Consider using reusable items rather than disposables – china cups and metal cutlery for example.
- Use e-mail or notice boards to share information instead of printed