- A London-based company which asked for an office with its own bomb shelter
which would withstand any terrorist attack including nuclear or germ warfare.
- A company which said it would only take office space in a building with attractive
- An MD with a keen interest in taxidermy who wanted a gallery adjoining his office
to display his collection of stuffed animals.
- A rural office which needed be at least a mile from the nearest farm so that staff
would not be distracted by country smells.
- A Feng Shui obsessed MD who requested an office with all windows and
doors facing East.
- An IT company that insisted that there were to be no bars or outlets selling alcohol within walking distance of the office.
One of the founders of officebroker.com, entrepreneur Jim Venables, said: “Our expertise in this sector is second to none although we have to admit that there are times when even we wonder whether we are going to be able to meet some of the more bizarre client requests.
“Nevertheless we will always go out of our way to try and meet clients’ needs and, because our property portfolio is so extensive, we are almost always able to oblige.
“However, as far as the request for attractive receptionists was concerned we did have to point out to our client that ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’ and it was not really for us to judge whether personnel were deemed attractive or not!